Every month, the Montgomery County Coin Club holds an auction that consists of up to 40 numismatic items consigned by our members. Members and their guests may bid on the items. Winners are payable at the end of the auction.
Members who want to consign items to the auction can download the Auction Submittal Form and submit the form and consignment to Auction Chairperson Jack Schadegg at the meeting the month prior to the when they will be auctioned. If you cannot attend a meeting, contact Jack to make other arrangements.
- Members may submit up to 8 lots per month with an average of 5 lots between months,
- Auction chairman reserves the right to revise or correct listings and estimated values after reviewing the actual lots,
- Lots designated for Young Numismatists (YN) are auctioned to YNs only, if in attendance.
Auction Commission Rates
- A commission equivalent to 5% of the sale price with a maximum commission of $3.00 per lot will be collected for each sale,
- If a lot is not sold and was submitted with a required Minimum Bid, a scratch fee of 5% of the Minimum Bid with a maximum of $3.00 per lot will be collected,
- Unsold lots without a minimum bid will not be charged a commission,
- Sellers may buy their own lots. If a seller buys their own lots for less than 60% of the catalog value (or 80% of bullion value), the sale is considered a withdrawal and no commission will be charged. Commissions will be charged if someone other than the seller buys the lot regardless of sale price.
Annual Donated Auction
Once a year, usually in December, MCCC will hold our annual Donated Auction to benefit a charity supporting youth in Montgomery County. The auction will consist of a combination of coins, hobby supplies, numismatic literature, etc. Please come prepared to bid generously! Cash contributions may be given to the Treasurer. Donors will not be charged a commission. They will be provided with a receipt for the value of their donation following the auction for use in preparing their tax returns.